My wife is an artist and she made some of the artwork,the other work was taken from sites like http://openclipart.org where the artwork is free to use in free and commercial projects. Lately my wife works on some themes for a pairs educational game, here are some of the images she created, we prefer SVG since we can scale them at any size and we can later convert them to png or jpeg or any other format.
The first game was the coloring game. This was the first game my son played,it teaches how to use the mouse and how to point and click at a specific location. Other skis the child will learn is to colors, to name them and to associate a color to an object, grass is green, sky is blue ... I am planing to improve this game in the future to add support for SVG files.
The counting game was created for aid in learning to count objects and learn the numbers. At start you chose a maximum number, so if the child is young you can start with learning numbers less then 4 or 5. After that images will appear ,each image contains a number of objects and the child must press the button corresponding to the number of objects in the image.
- text, the questions/answers are presented as text
- image images are presented
- sound we use audio files to represent the question/answer
- TTS text to speech will be used to speck the questions(answers)
Future plansThis is a list of games that I would like to implement, the only problem is that I made them in my free time and my free time is few and I have to spend time with my family too
- puzzle game,I refer to the game where we begin with a images splitted in small parts and the player must reconstruct the original image
- Fifteen puzzle, is a more difficult puzzle game, this game it starts with a square image that is splited in smaller squares and shuffles , one square is missing so let's the player move the squares around, it is a difficult game, so is for older children
- IQ like game, you are presented with a number of images and you must find the element that is not matching the others or in other version an element is missing and you have a list of answers to chose the one that is matching